Friday, July 13, 2007

Things starting to set in..

..as in, things are happening now. Last Friday, my wife finished employment where she worked for the last 9 years. She has been home this week getting some stuff finished and packed. Today is my last day at my job. Next Friday, July 20, we will be jobless and homeless as our house is sold. Sounds pretty crazy, doesn't it? But things are starting to set in for us that this whole adventure we have been talking about for the last 8 months is upon us! My daughter said it very well a couple of weeks ago: "All this time it has been a year or 8 months or 4 months away, and now its here." She is excited to go, but is starting to get sad that she will miss her friends and that they will forget her. My 4 year old son, on the other hand, thinks that every time we get into the car, we are going to the country we will be living in. That country could be down the street for all he knows! He'll know he's there when we get there! Last night, my wife and I spent a dinner together thanks to our best friends watching my son for a while. It was nice to sit together and talk without being interrupted. We talked about what we need to pack, what will be stored, what will be given away. Its really hitting finality for us, but we are so ready and willing to start now. We praise God for His timing, and bringing us through all He has brought us through these last few months. Now starts the painful part of our journey. The goodbyes. I'm sure there will be some tissues used the next couple weeks. My advice, buy some stock in Kleenex!

2 comments:

Debbie Kaufman said...

It's been so exciting to follow your journey for the last several months and now here it is time for you to go. Prayers will continually be sent your way.

Steven said...

Please keep in touch with Marlo and I, we are both very excited for you and your family. I am sure God has plenty of amazing things left for you to see. One thing I think that has helped our family is this simple statement. "Home is where we are together" I no longer look at home as a place, but rather family, a house does not make a home, friends do not make a home, and things do not make a home. Being together where God wants you, NOW that is HOME!
GOD Bless and remeber you have friends praying for you. If you can find it there is a "bluegrass gospel" song called "Across the Miles" by IIIrd Tyme Out. It makes a nice reminder when times are tough that there are people praying for you.