Monday, July 2, 2007

Faith

This past Sunday, my wife and I spoke at a church to raise prayer support. The associate pastor, Eddie, took us up on stage during the service and interviewed us about our decision and what to expect. He asked us an interesting question:

"How has your faith been/being stretched as you follow where God is leading you?"

Any of you who know us or have been reading my postings for the last few months know exactly what our response was. THE HOUSE!!!

However, further thinking about this question, I realized that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Our faith has been stretched during the crazy house selling process, but we haven't even gone anywhere yet! We know that we are going to be tested and stretched and challlenged in the next years to come, so we haven't even started yet. We think we have had it hard, but we know that things will get harder. We have a large mountain to climb ahead of us, but God knows what we are ready for and how much we can handle. God let Job suffer, but He knew how much Job was able to handle and still be faithful.

How is your faith being stretched? Are you prepared for it to be stretched to its limits?

3 comments:

Rick Boyne said...

SAM,
Thanks for your comments on my "other" blog. I am definately headed out of my "comfort zone" in this new direction.

I know lots of folks in your region. They are all great and you will love them.

We'll keep you in prayer as you depart for the field.

S.A.M. said...

Rick, God be with you on your new journey. Thanks for checking in, and hope to hear from you again soon. I know the m-bug is still in you!

Rick Boyne said...

SAM,
I'd love to have direct contact with you. I'll leave it up to you to email me, but I can definately keep your ID a secret. Don't feel obligated if you don't want to.