Thursday, April 19, 2007

When all things go crazy, trust in the Lord

I've been preparing for this next short term trip to South Asia for quite some time. I will be leading a team of 4 from our church to do leadership training and encouragement to indigenous church planters there. Last year, when I agreed to obey God's call and take my first m trip to this area, my pastor told me that everything would go crazy before I left. Work, family, everything. And it did. This trip is no different. Myself and one other team member have been battling sickness the last couple weeks. We are now pretty much over it. One of the other team members got a viral infection this week. She should be ok to travel by Saturday. The last team member's visa has hit an enormous snag, but it should be here by tomorrow; 1 day before we travel. My daughter has had terrible pain in her leg for a couple days. My wife took her to the doctor today to have it checked out. What else?! What else does the enemy have to throw at us to discourage us from this trip? God must be ready to do an incredible thing where we are going, because the enemy does not want us there, and he will try everything to discourage us from going. All I know to do is to trust in the One who has power over all of it.



“I am the Lord, the God of every person on the earth. Nothing is impossible for me.” (Jeremiah 32:27)



I came across this verse in my quiet time this morning, and it spoke to me, strengthened and encouraged me. NOTHING is impossible for Him! God is the God of all, even to those in South Asia, South America, North America, Africa, Europe and all the ends of the earth. He is the same God that delivered the Hebrews from slavery in Egypt. The same one! What an incredible God we serve. I am humbled to know that He is looking after me. I am humbled to be chosen by Him to do His work. He doesn't need me to accomplish it, but He chose me anyway. Thank you Lord for who You are and how You bless us. Continue to strengthen and encourage us when we need it. Amen.

3 comments:

Tim Patterson said...

SAM,

Thanks for that encouraging word. This is normal stuff the enemy throws our way as we seek to obey the Lord. We thank God for you and everyone on the team. Will be praying.

Darrell said...

Yo Bro,

I am interceding for you! Be strong and courageous!

S.A.M. said...

Thanks Tim and Darrell. God shows his timing. He has many names, but the one we forget is Justin Time! The visa for our one team member will be picked up tomorrow at 9AM, my daughter is feeling much better, and our other lady team member has bronchitis, but is on anti-biotics, so she will need rest. Thanks for your prayers, all of you. I feel the Lord lifting us up to glorify Him this next week!

SAM