Monday, March 19, 2007

Prayers

I wanted to thank all of you who are following my travel into the mission field, and the prayers that have been lifted up to the Father for my sake. It is overwhelming to know that I have prayers from around the country and the world concerning me.

I have been struggling lately with lifting other prayers up to the Father, because I have been overwhelmed with my own lately, and there are so many other needs that seem more important and urgent than my own. There are so many, however that I tend to run them all together during my busy life. I attempt to stop and pray, in a quiet place in the morning, but my prayers seem to blend and it becomes a general prayer because I lose my train of thought. I know that God knows the prayers before I even voice them or think them. I feel like I am doing the person I am praying for a disservice by praying this way, a hurried prayer.

I have decided to use a technique written about in the M Blog here. I need to write these prayers down and put them in a place where I can meditate on them daily and lift them up to the Lord. I must also carve out time in my day, make time rather than wait until time allows for it. Since I look at and check blogs daily, I will post these prayers on my blog and update them when they change, with praises whenever possible. I am making a committment to pray for those that are in need. As I said, I am so blessed by the prayers of others, I need to give back, and be able to bless others by lifting them up. Please check back for prayer requests and join with me in lifting them up.

4 comments:

J. Guy Muse said...

I know exactly what you are talking about and can fully identify with this post. It does seem we have to be intentional about our praying or it simply will not happen. Speaking of prayer, how is the house situations progressing?

S.A.M. said...

Guy,

We have had lookers, but no offers. We are meeting with our agent Wed to discuss some more marketing tactics. We will probably pull it off the market for 3 days and put it back on to re-generate it among all the agents. We may also have an open house. We're trusting that God is in control. Thanks for your advice, and I read your blog not only for enjoyment but for just that, advice.

SAM

Debbie Kaufman said...

I will join you s.a.m. and appreciate this post and your heart.

Darrell said...

Have been and will continue to pray. Listing the needs here will help me pray more specifically. This is such a simple thing to do, yet God highly values it. It is an honor!