Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Encouragement needed!

Still processing an incredible trip to South Asia, leaving behind two of the team for medical reasons, and negotiating our house. I need encouragement after yesterday's happenings.

Sister who was possibly to begin the journey home today with our worship leader has not been released medically. She may be released by Thursday, but her husband is going forward to go to her tomorrow. As I said, his company has graciously helped him to get to her side by paying for everything from his travel to all travel documents. Please continue to pray for this situation.

Sunday my wife and I looked through the offer we received and came back with a decent counter. Verbally, we heard that everything was fine, the only thing we changed was the price, by meeting half way between the two. While awaiting for the counter to be signed and sent back, we heard from our agent who said the people wanted to first look at a foreclosure property in our neighborhood before they signed. What???!!!

Quite the emotional roller coaster ride! After wanting to call fire from heaven down like James and John did on the Samaritans :-), I calmed down and asked forgiveness for my anger over the situation. Needless to say, we are disappointed, but have come to the conclusion that God is still in control of the situation, and will work things out in His time. We have prayed and sought His council for our disappointment. We are still proceeding as planned, because we trust that things will work out. We are too far along to stop preparing for our field orientation and trip into the harvest fields. Thank you all for your prayers, and please continue to pray for our spirits to be lifted and for the Lord to lift our heavily burdened hearts in this situation.

In Christ,
SAM

6 comments:

Alyce Faulkner said...

I appreciate reading your blog.
I especially appreciate your willingness to talk about the day to day situations and how the sovereignty of God fits into that. (or shouldnt I say, how we fit into the sovereignty of God)

It seems, no matter where we are, we have to be reminded and perhaps it's just easier for me, sitting here in USA to say to you, I know God WILL.
But I believe my "I KNOW' comes from reading and understanding just how important the work you are doing is.

I've been asking for God to give me His compassion. He has done just that when it comes for a heart for those 'on the field'

So, please continue to communicate everything.
I am honored to pray for you, your family and the great work God is doing.
Agape
Alycelee

S.A.M. said...

Thank you sister.

J. Guy Muse said...

Reading this post reminds me of another blog I read of a family getting ready to go to Venezuela entitled Kafe Kakuma. They are going through many of the same kinds of issues that you are writing about. I know it is hard, but try and live in the present moment rather than the future. If we could do things over again, one thing I would do differently is not be so anxious to get overseas. I wish we had taken a slower pace and made more gradual transistions than abrupt ones like we ended up doing. I'm not saying you are doing this, just that we did, and we paid dearly for it! I pray God gives you the needed patience to get through these days. Once you get through the "leaving" stage, then you begin another whole new adventure overseas which will try you even more! Oops, I forgot you are asking for encouragement! :)

S.A.M. said...

Guy, you make sense. You also make me laugh. I have a feeling that God is teaching us through this. That things don't work the way we expect them to on the field. I know that God's harvest will go on without us. We are privileged to be going on this adventure. Our excitement turns into more excitement everytime we speak to our team members waiting for us on the field. Obviously, patience is not something that comes easy to me, or my wife. Maybe that is why we are being taught this lesson. Thanks for your wisdom. It's not easy to hear, but I really appreciate your words.

Debbie Kaufman said...

I echo what Alyce has said S.A.M. right down to compassion for those on the field. I have gotten to know you through this blog and through comments on mine and other blogs. I am praying for you S.A.M.

S.A.M. said...

Thanks Debbie. My family and I covet your prayers.