Friday, June 8, 2007

Prayer Gathering

I have tried so many different ways to pray for the sale of our house. Just this week, I decided that after I get up and ready for work, I will prayer-walk around the house 7 times each morning. (The neighbors that are up that early probably wonder what their crazy neighbor is doing!) It has been something that the Lord layed on my hear to do this past weekend, so I've done it every morning this week.

This past weekend, I mentioned to my wife that maybe we could get some friends from church together and pray around our house sometime this week. It is something I want to do, but how do I ask a bunch of people to give up an hour of their evening family time to come and pray for us? Sounded a bit selfish, so I decided to go with the prayer walk around the house thing.

Wednesday, my wife's best friend told her that God laid it on her heart to have a prayer gathering at our house sometime. After my wife told her that I had mentioned the same thing, she felt that was confirmation, and she sent a message to as many people that could gather.

So, tonight from 7:30 to whenever the Holy Spirit leads us, we are going to gather around our house to pray for a sale. You can be involved as well from wherever you are tonight. Gather with us in the Spirit. Pray for a sale!! Lift up this need to God with us! I don't know how many will show up tonight, but where 2 or more are gathered...

4 comments:

Tina said...

I am still praying my friend...
and trusting GOD that WAITING is to build FAITH in you all.... not easy, but obviously part of HIS plan...

Excited to see how HE delivers you in this season!!!!

Build those faith muscles!

T

Steven said...

Hey, I know we never did talk much at depth while we were in TN, but I felt deeply led to pull this excerpt from my testimony to give you some encouragement for the trials that lie ahead.

“I made a list from just the last two weeks before our departure from our home to a new state for me to attend Bible College it goes something like this.

From about July 31st through August 17th 2006 when the truck pulled out we have been attacked and lost the following

First we had a contract on our house and it fell through
the upstairs ac unit went out
the Heat pump downstairs which is new, broke
My truck failed emissions
In one day we lost a TV, vcr/dvd, satellite receiver and a brand new phone jack extender when the house got struck by lightening
My wife’s carpel tunnel surgery on her right/dominant hand has not been healing and the doctor put her in a cast, now she cannot help load the moving truck
We were not able to find work when we went to the town where we are moving, the job I had well let’s say it is no longer available
I put some parts on the truck and took it out on the interstate to “Blow it out” and now it is blowing oil everywhere, the truck may be a lost cause, (it was)
We have not been able to sell any of the stuff we own, to get some moving money
We are broke
My dog keeps breaking my alarm clocks

Many victories came about through all these, and many more but this was just an abbreviated list. The process was a two-year journey, but as it stands, the Lord God is faithful, we moved without the sale of our house or a job. Many people we went to church with thought we should not go, that we maybe we were wrong and that God had not called, we knew that was not the case, for I had seen Jesus be powerful in a man and I knew that He was going to be powerful to me, because His word said so.

We moved on a Thursday, by Saturday our house was sold. God has provided in so many ways that one could lose count, we have not missed a meal and work has come, I am about to finish my second semester in college and the most important thing I have learned in the past two years is that God is faithful, all the time, even when we are not. Another thing I learned is that if we want to see Jesus in a powerful way then we must get out of the boat, step out in faith and put our total reliance on Him, who is Faithful, Christ Jesus."

Sometimes it appears that Satan is doing all he can to keep us from our call, though that is true, yet we need to look upon these times as God sent, to strengthen us, to teach us to lean not on our understanding and also to test our hearts, for us to see our quitting point.
My goal is to encourage you to go do what God has called you to and let Him resolve the financials. I know that is easier said than done and I pray that God will give you an overwhelming peace if He decides to not sell your house before you leave.

For us it was one of the most exciting and scary moments of our lives and I am so thankful to God for allowing us the trials in our lives for we never would have been able to face our new life without them.

God Bless and God Speed!
SKB

S.A.M. said...

Tina,
Thanks for the encouragement. Our faith muscles are getting quite the workout!

Steve- great to hear from you and thanks for the words. We are encouraged by your family's leap of faith as well. We look forward to hearing much from the ministries or church where God will send you to lead.

SAM

Steven said...

You are more than welcome. You guys will have our prayers, and we too look forward to hearing about your ministry as you serve where God is placing you. We are sure that you all will serve God in a mighty way.

Trust is Him and you cannot go wrong.

In Christ
SKB